Free Online Depression & Anxiety Recovery Program
Beat The Lockdown Blues is an 8-week comprehensive lifestyle program for mental fitness*. You will find the keys to a new life in just eight weeks. Not only will you learn how to identify depression, anxiety and their causes, you will also learn how to enhance your energy levels, sleep quality, mood, relationships and emotional intelligence.
WHEN IS IT?
Every Tuesday at 7–8:30 pm, from 22nd Sept to 10th Nov 2020.
The first session has started with over 50 participants. It’s not too late for you to join the next session on Tuesday, 29th Sept!
Online via Zoom (Zoom id will be given closer to program date)
- Week 1 – Depression and its cause
- Week 2 – Depression and its cure
- Week 3 – Food for thought
- Week 4 – Become a smarter you
- Week 5 – Emotional intelligence and cognitive behavioural therapy
- Week 6 – Control your emotions
- Week 7 – Get your body back to normal
- Week 8 – On neuroplasticity
- To improve mental resilience
This course helps you identify and correct the cause of depression. You will get to learn what cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is and how to apply it. CBT focuses on eliminating self-defeating behaviour—replacing negative thinking patterns and self-talk with realistic beliefs about oneself and the world. CBT is the only form of psychotherapy that has been scientifically proven to work better than a placebo in treating major depression.
- To optimise your brain
In each session, you’ll explore ways to achieve peak mental performance and help develop and strengthen the frontal lobe, leading to an optimised brain that can retain and apply knowledge at a higher capacity.
- To be empowered to change
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. You will have additional support in small peer groups – support in motivation, in inspiration and to be accountable to each other.
This program is a joint effort between ASOC Monash student club and weExplore Community Centre
ASOC Monash is a Christian student club that aims to support and encourage our members to achieve excellence throughout their university years.
We believe in holistic success in all areas of life, including academic, physical, mental, social and spiritual areas.
ASOC has branches in universities in different states of Australia, including Monash University, the University of Melbourne, the University of Newcastle and Macquarie University. You can find more information here: https://www.monashclubs.org/Clubs/ASOC.
WeExplore Centre is a volunteer-led not-for-profit organisation composed of a group of health professionals and health advocates, from physicians, registered nurses, health educators, to laypeople who are enthusiastic to empower groups and individuals in our community to live healthier and happier lives through comprehensive lifestyle changes. During the year, we run different programs like ‘Dinner with a Doctor’, Pilates classes, and mental fitness and emotional wellness workshops such as ‘Depression and Anxiety Recovery’. You can find more information here: https://weexplore.org.au
Lifestyle Educator, MPH
CCRN, Grad Dip. Counselling
Neo-RN, Grad Dip. Family & Child Counselling
* This is a community mental health education program and is not a therapeutic program that can substitute for physicians, professional counsellors, or mental health providers.
* Attending this educational program does not establish a physician-patient relationship
* The Beat the Lockdown Blues Depression and Anxiety Recovery Program is a unique educational program that teaches the causes of depression. I understand that my personal experiences may be included in scientific reports about this program as numerical and statistical data that will be in no way traceable to me as an individual